Scripture Verse of the Day

Monday, February 28, 2011

Parroty

"Stella wants a cracker, SQUAAAK!! Stella wants a cracker, SQUAAAK!!" ((not really, unless you have those cute little oyster crackers...you can pass those to me, lol))

I have noticed these last few years that I tend to repeat myself, especially within a conversation. I don't know why, it's as aggravating and embarrassing as it can be, but I don't seem to be aware enough to stop it.

Maybe it's too many episodes of Winnie the Pooh or Dora the Explorer. Maybe it's reading the Bible too much (just read through Genesis, and see what I mean!). Maybe it's just being a mom. : P I dunno.

All I know is that sometimes when I think back over a conversation, I become acutely aware of how I sound after the fact. It's like my mind is stuck on a point, and not necessarily an important point, and I don't get past it until I'm finished. Sometimes it's only later that I realize that I've "harped" or "parroted" so much on my particular point that I have forgotten to say something else that might've contributed to a good conversation.

Sometimes this shows up in my writing, too. However, the blessed thing about writing is that I can edit it before sending it off to wherever it needs to go.

Needless to say, speaking is NOT one of my favorite things to do in life. Well, guess what? While I have a mouth that can speak, I need to do so.
Thankfully, my friends don't seem to mind this trait about me. I don't know if I've always had it or if I've only just become aware of it. I think sometimes my bosses get a little annoyed with me, but they've not said anything to me.

I don't know what my ultimate purpose in life is supposed to be just yet. I've been told quite a few times I'd make a good teacher. A teacher DOES need to repeat herself from time to time. Then again, I keep thinking about how God has designed each of us with special traits and unique features that fulfill a specific job like NO ONE ELSE CAN. I know I need to find that purpose. Maybe finding it is not the objective, but to act upon that objective when I discover it.

I've noticed these last few years that I tend to repeat myself, especially within a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment