Scripture Verse of the Day

Friday, January 7, 2011

Just 7 More Minutes, Please....times 3, 4, 5, ....Off

Ugh. This has been one tough week for getting out of bed. The sad part is that I've been going to bed earlier than I have in a couple of years! So what is my problem??

This is the first week back to school since Christmas break. During that time, we got up about 30 minutes later than we would've if the boys were in school. So really, not too bad. Plus, we've been sick almost during the entire break, so I guess we're more or less still recovering. We've been going to bed earlier b/c we couldn't keep our eyes open much longer.

We've only been back to school for 4 days now, and every single day, we've gotten up later than I'd like. Unfortunately, even my usual alarm clock, J8, has been fast asleep and difficult to get up in the mornings. Also, every single day this week, I've awakened a full hour and a half earlier than we need to be up. I look at the clock, chastise myself, and go back to sleep....evidently a DEEP sleep. I set my alarm about 20 minutes before I need to be up. I usually only hit the snooze 2 or 3 times and I'm wide awake and rarin' to go. Not this week. :(

This week, I've either hit the snooze 3 or 4 or more times, or I accidentally hit the OFF button, and then I'm REALLY in trouble! I think Wednesday, we only had about 10 minutes to get dressed and walk out the door! No breakfast. No vitamins. No MEDICINES (for the colds we've had). No drink. It's a wonder teeth have been brushed. :P
Of course, we pay for this at the end of the school day. Those little after-school snacks turn into MEALS before the dinner! Of course, they're exhausted by the end of the day b/c they've basically been fighting to keep up with their day, and we go to bed earlier than usual, and away we go. It's amazing how much that little button affects the rest of our day, isn't it???

Here's hoping next week will be much better. Here's hoping that my alarm clock will get up on his own again, and that I can make my own alarm clock function the way it's supposed to...with just one or two hits of the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment